Personally identifiable information may include your name, email address, physical address and other information that specifically identifies you
This website also contains links to websites maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of the linked websites, any use of these sites, or the privacy practices of these sites. You should carefully read their own privacy policies before providing any information to such third parties.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website, third parties or any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We receive both information that is directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Services, and information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device. Information such as your IP address, the URL visited, the date and time the page was viewed assist us in compiling the website activity and internet usage. This information may be stored on servers located in the United States.
Cookies and web beacons are created when a user’s browser loads a particular website. The website sends information to the browser which then creates a text file. While most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. As with cookies, the information that web beacons collect is aggregated “click stream” data, and is not associated with you as an individual, unless you have chosen to communicate with us by email.
Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information to turn off the acceptance of new cookies in your browser.
Facebook Analytics operates separately from Facebook’s media page, However, when signed on to Facebook, we may link actions to users rather than cookies, which allows us to trace a specific user across all of their browsers and devices.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we obtain about you both to further our relationship with you and for other purposes, including to:
- send you our newsletter and/or industry updates;
- process, evaluate and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; managing our communications; learning about our visitors, analyzing our services and website; and facilitating the functionality and performance of our website);
- perform data analyses (including anonymisation of personal information);
- enforce our Terms and Conditions
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except with:
- Service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, hosting or operating this Site, carrying out your requests, responding to your inquiries, and analyzing data.
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
We require these service providers to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf. A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- Law enforcement or regulatory authorities as compelled or required by law or other government officials, to protect or defend our legal rights, or in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations for our Terms and conditions for using this Site or other applicable policies.
- Any other person authorised by you.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. However, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the information collected is absolutely secure.
In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, users may modify their information previously provided or opt out of all further communications.
Please note that, notwithstanding the fact that we may have removed your information from our list of active users, we reserve the right to keep any information submitted or collected for business reasons, such as archiving data.